Vassilis advises on all aspects of shipping and commercial law, both transactional and litigious. His areas of practice include banking law, financial services law, litigation and alternative dispute resolution, corporate and general commercial, commercial insolvency, tax, mergers & acquisitions, derivatives, EU law, real estate, with particular emphasis in drafting and advising on shipping and trade contracts, banking transactions, ship arrests and marine pollution claims.
– Ph.D., in Law, Birkbeck College, University of London (2001)
– LL.M., London School of Economics and Political Sciences (1999) (upper merit)
– LL.B., Athens University, School of Law (1995) (first class honors)
– Scholar of the Greek State Scholarships’ Foundation (IKY) and the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst.
Attorney-at-Law, Piraeus Bar, Greece (admitted 1997) – Qualified to practice before the Supreme Court (2007)
Greek, English, French
- Translation and Annotation of a decision taken by the French Supreme Court on the responsibility of the producer of defective product within the frame of the Brussels Convention of 1968, Koinodikion (private international law review), 2(1996), 119
- “Societies of Interchangeable Lives”, Law and Critique, 15(2004) 2, 119.